February 22, 2009

Mini Vacation = Mega Rejuvenation

It's amazing how good a mini vacation will do for you. On Friday we drove up to Orlando to spend the weekend with Sam's parents and family. I love these weekends because it means total and complete relaxation. No have to's. No need to's. No shoulda done's. It's great. It the one time I can just sit on a couch talking or even just sitting and not worry about other things that need to be done around the house or whatever. It's needed because I am one of those people that constantly is go go go ... always having to do something. And this forces me to be my polar opposite, sorta. We still did a lot on our visit. Bubbles and playground fun at the park near their house. Train ride and shopping at Festival Bay mall. Eating fantastic food in never before tasted by us restaurants. Games with the family. Visiting Zach's great grandparents and watching him interact with them. Etc. All these are completely ordinary events for a short visit with Sam's parents when we come, but because I have no other immediate worries that are hanging over my head, then I can truly enjoy taking in these minor events and good conversation with family. It's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment