adoption
We have one week left og the MAPP training required for adoption through the state, which is exciting and sad at the same time. It's amazing how closely bonded you become to people in a matter of a short period. But it brings us closer to the desired goal and that makes it fantastic. We had our first home study meeting this last Friday, it lasted about 1.5 hours. She was very laid back and so pleasant that once I got a feel for her my nervousness went away completely. She looked around the house a bit and asked a lot of personal questions, however not as many as I thought she would. She asked about our marriage, Jacob, Zachary, Jewel, Ebony, etc etc etc ... It all went VERY well I am happy to say. We have a second homestudy meeting this Thursday at 5pm, which Sam will actually be attending (he couldn't attend the 1st one). So I am very excited about the way this whole thing has been going so far. So praise God for that!!!
church
Today we were both very convicted about becoming part of the church we have been visiting for a littl while now. It's funny because the ONE (the ONLY one) Sunday that Zachary didn't have a difficult time with was TODAY and it so happened to be a sermon about growing spiritually in Christ and serving him daily. That is the EXACT thing we have been looking for in a church. We have wanted to find a church that challenged us spiritually and encourages us to continual growing in God and his will and word. So praise God even more for that!!!
finances
We got our tax return very quick this year which was a very nice amount, which enable us to pay off a TON of our medical bills, leaving us with only two that we still owe on. YAY! And the better thing about that is that we will have ALL of our medical bills paid of by April 1st! No foolin' ... no pun intended, haha. That means that we will be able to put even more money into our school loans and we should be ALL debt free in NO TIME AT ALL!!! Thank God even more on that!!!
friends
One thing that I have been praying about in the last few weeks is that we can find some other moms with toddlers to "hang out" with for Zachary's developmental sake, and my sanity sake too, lol. Within one week of really being prayful about it and having some others pray about it too, I have hooked up with FOUR different moms and have arranged for playdates or promises for playdates very soon. One is tomorrow, well two because one of the moms I met was at the library, so we're meeting there again. But I meet this other mom before the library at the park to go power walking ... hope I can keep up, haha. But then I am also beginning a "Toddler Time Playday" on Thursdays where toddlers and there moms can come over and do specific activities that help the kiddos learn and socialize together, which Zach needs a lot of right now. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRAY that this really takes off and more moms want to join in, because I know this will be so fantastic for the kids, especially Zach. But I praise God so much for his deligence in answering this particular prayer!!!The Lord has been blessing us non stop since we have been here in Florida and I can't WAIT to see how much more he has in store for us.
February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment